Rosewater can be used to make very nutritious drinks since it is rich in flavonoids, anti-oxidants, tannins and essential vitamins like A, C, D, E and B3.
1. Spritz Away! "A great way to use rosewater is by spritzing it on your face. Rosewater can also be sprayed over makeup to work as a make up setting product, the mist will leave your face radiant", suggests Delhi-based makeup artist, Mrignaina Kumar. Fill an empty spray bottle with rosewater and spritz once you're done with your morning beauty routine to keep your face fresh and hydrated.
2. Dry and Frizzy Hair? You've come to the right place. Mix equal parts rosewater and glycerin, apply on the scalp with the help of cotton pads and massage for 10-15 minutes. Let it stay for another 30 minutes and wash off with shampoo.
3. Facial Cleanser: Rose water can be used a cleanser on all skin types. After washing your face with a mild face wash, all you have to do is add a few drops of glycerin to 1 tbsp rose water and apply it on your face.
4. No More Tired Eyes: If you have tired, inflamed eyes - soak a cotton pad in chilled rose water and apply. It helps reduce puffiness under the eyes and get rid of redness.
5. Hair Conditioner: Post shampooing, use a cup of rose water as a final rinse. It helps condition the hair deeply, adding a healthy shine you'll just love.
6. Facial Toner: Wet a soft cotton ball with chilled rose water and dab it on cleansed skin. Its mild astringent properties help tighten the pores and gently tone the skin.
7. Goodbye Acne: "Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rose water, apply it on skin and let it stay for 30 minutes. Wash with fresh water and reap the benefits", says Dr. Rahul Nagar, Dermatologist, Max Hospitals. You can also apply a speedy facepack of fuller's earth (multani mitti) and mix it with rose water. Once it dries, wash it off. This helps cleanse pores, control excess oil and prevent acne.
8. Makeup Remover: Tried and tested, this is the best makeup remover ever. Add a few drops of coconut oil to rosewater on a cotton pad and cleanse your face. The mixture works wonders to wipe off makeup and nourish your skin deeply at the same time. Note: Rub gently to avoid being harsh to your skin.
9. Fair and Lovely: Add 2 tbsp gram flour and mix it with rose water plus lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply for 15 minutes to get rid of tanning.
10. Pamper Yourself: Mix rose water with almond oil or regular cream and moisturize your body. "For some extra indulgence, draw yourself a rose-scented bath. It's considered the best antidote to stress", recommends Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.